Health

10 Signs You Have Been Exposed To Toxic Mold!

Many people struggle with mold issues in their homes or at the office and as much as this problem is annoying, a lot of people don’t realize the dangers of this toxic material and how detrimental for their health it can be.

Mold spots can appear almost anywhere, in your room corners, under the sink, on the shower curtain, in the kitchen, no place is safe.
There are a number of different mold types and they can be classified by the effect they have on people and all living organisms. The most common types of mold are:

Allergenic Molds:

These molds are not that dangerous and are the least harmful of all. They are known to cause problems in people with asthma and those who are allergic to this type of mold.

Pathogenic Molds:

These molds are more dangerous than allergenic molds especially to people with weaker immune system because they cause infections. If you’ve been exposed to this mold you will experience symptoms very much alike to bacterial pneumonia.

Toxigenic Molds:

Toxigenic molds are the most dangerous ones and can cause serious health problems. They release mycotoxins which can cause immunosuppression and even cancer. They can be absorbed by touch or inhalation and cause numerous health issues.

According to Dr. Mercola the following 5 molds are the most common ones indoor:

  • Alternaria: causes allergic reactions and is mostly found in the nose, mouth, and upper respiratory tract.
  • Aspergillus: This mold leads to lung infections. You will most likely find it in warm and damp climates and in your house dust.
  • Cladosporium: This mold causes symptoms similar to asthma and hay fever. You’ll probably find it in textiles, wood and similar porous materials.
  • Penicillium: Carpets, fiberglass insulation, wallpapers and decaying fabrics are this mold’s favourite residence. If you’re exposed to it you’ll experience allergies and asthma.
  • Stachybotrys: This “black mold” is highly toxic and produces mycotoxins which can cause a number of health complications such as respiratory issues and lung bleeding. It’s not very common but it’s usually found in wood and paper.

The Mayo Clinic says that even though mold exposure usually leads to mold allergy it doesn’t necessarily means that if you don’t have an allergic reaction you’re not in danger. Mold can lead to infections and toxic reaction and all kinds of other respiratory problems and skin infections.
Here are the most common signs you have some kind of mold illness:

  • You feel a taste of metal all the time
  • You’re excessively thirsty and feel the need to urinate frequently
  • You experience an array of digestive issues like appetite changes, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain
  • Brain fog, headaches, troubles concentrating and memory issues,
  • Unprovoked muscle cramps, joint pain and aches,
  • Tingling sensation and numbness
  • Night sweats and fluctuating body temperature
  • Sensitivity to light and red eyes
  • Vertigo and tremors
  • Coughing, shortness of breath and asthma symptoms

Here’s a short video in which you can hear some very useful tips about how to protect yourself from the toxic effects of mold and prevent health complications:

Source: healthylivingthread.com

Most Popular

To Top