The mineral deposits on the teeth is called tartar. With time the amounts of tartar increases and if not taken care of may cause periodontitis. Of course, the best way to deal it is to go to a dentist, however you can also remove it at home.
Needed ingredients and items:
– Dental pick
– Antiseptic mouth wash
– Hydrogen peroxide
– Baking soda
Note that the most effective ingredient when removing the plaque is baking soda.
– Every second day rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouth wash.
– Use a dental pick to rub the yellow tartar from your teeth. Make sure not to scrape the gums because it may irritate and damage them.
– In half a cup of lukewarm water add one full cup hydrogen peroxide. Swish the mixture in your mouth for one minute and then spit it out. Rinse your mouth with cool water.
– Mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Wet your toothbrush using lukewarm water and then dip it into the mixture. Brush your teeth and spit. Do the whole process for 5 minutes.
Here are some other advices that will help you maintain your oral health at an optimal level.
– Make sure to regularly floss your teeth.
– Brush your teeth using a soft brush.
– When brushing your teeth use vertical movements. Be careful with the spaces between your gums and teeth.
– Spicy foods stimulate the glands that produce saliva. In addition, saliva cleans the mouth in an all natural way.
– Cheese – Swiss and Cheddar cheese can help you by neutralizing the acids, which create plaque. Make sure to eat a slice or two before every meal. An aged cheese has an ingredient that can act as a barrier agent.
– Tomatoes and strawberries – These fruits are rich in vitamin C, which is very beneficial for the oral health. All you have to do is rub them onto your teeth and leave them to act for five minutes. This will make the tartar buildup soften. After that, rinse your mouth with and baking soda and lukewarm water. With this method you can also use other foods which are rich in vitamin C such as lemons, lime, oranges, berries, papaya as well as bell peppers.
– Orange – If you rub orange peel on your teeth before going to bed, this will aid in your oral health due to the antibacterial properties it has. Make sure not to rinse your mouth so it can act and fight the bacteria.
Article and image source: www.naturalhealthyteam.com