Nature is truly incredible and offers us a number of miraculous plants with enormous health benefits. These plants are the best alternative to conventional drugs and medicines and we should all start relying on them more to promote optimal health.
Among these beneficial plants with medicinal properties is the laurel leaf or bay leaf as many know it. We use the bay leaf in cooking regularly, but we’re unaware that it can also be used for a number of other things.
You can find the bay leaf in almost any corner store or supermarket and here’s what it can help you with:
- Skin infections
- Migraines and headaches
- Sciatica pain
- Muscular exhaustion
- Water retention
- Low energy levels and overall weakness
- Abdominal distention and flatulence
- Nerve and muscles contractions
If you have problems with any of the abovementioned issues all you need to do is prepare some laurel leaf tea and consume it regularly.
Laurel leaf tea
- 30 g of dry laurel leaves
Pour some water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Add the laurel leaves once it starts boiling and let them simmer for a bit. Set it aside and let it cool down. Strain it, add a drizzle of honey if you like and consume the tea two times a day, on cup in the morning and one cup in the evening.
Bay leaves are super healthy and can help you with a number of health conditions, including:
- If you have muscle pain or any other pain laurel leaves can provide immediate relief. Cook 5 dry laurel leaves in a liter of water and add this mixture to your warm bath. Soak in it for about 20 minutes and the pain should disappear.
- They’re a rich source of vitamins C and A, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and manganese.
- You can use bay leaves to reduce arthritis caused pain. Rub some laurel leaf oil on the painful areas and massage it for a bit.
- You can use them for bloating, stomach ulcers, colic, bloating and digestive issues in general.
- Rinse your hair with bay leaf water if you have dandruff.
- You can use them to regulate your blood sugar levels, which is beneficial if you’re a diabetic.
- They can also serve as insect repellent.
- Warm laurel leaf tea is the perfect beverage for people suffering from the seasonal cold, cough, flu and other respiratory problems. You can also soak a piece of gauze in warm laurel leaf tea and apply it as a compress on your chest.
- These compresses are good for treating skin infections as well as the leaves have antifungal and antibacterial properties.