There are some foods that we use so much in our lives that we sometimes lose sight of all the ways that they can help us. One of these fruits is the lemon. Apart from using it as a spice for salads and other meals, desserts and drinks, it also has many health-beneficial medicinal properties.
This refreshing fruit has good acids, which help fight diseases connected to the airways. These methods have already been used by our grandmothers for treating illnesses such as colds, influenza, sore throats, etc. Furthermore, it has potent antibacterial and antiviral properties which can help you treat cramps, cholesterol, fatty liver. It also promotes digestive processes.
However, the uses of lemon are not limited to only organic problems. In some cultures, lemons are use to attract well-being and prosperity as well as to drive away negative energies. What’s more, mixing salt with lemon will give a powerful disinfectant, which will kill bacteria, viruses and all kinds of germs that abound in your surroundings.
Here’s a list of the various ways you can use lemons or the lemon and salt combo:
– If you are feeling feverish, put two lemons in a bowl with water, boil them for several minutes and then strain them. Add a little bit of honey and drink the mixture. This will help you relieve sore throat and relieve airway decongestion.
– Lemons can also serve as teeth whiteners. Squeeze the juice of 2-3 lemons and gargle with the extract. Make sure the juice circulates throughout your mouth. Not only will it bleach your teeth, but it will also eliminate the germs and bacteria from your mouth.
– You can also use lemons as a stain remover. Make a paste with these two items and apply them directly on the clothes. Leave the paste on for several minutes and then wash the clothing normally. The combination of salt and lemon juice gives amazing results.
– The aroma of lemons takes you back to warm climates, summer and spring. It is a penetrating and refreshing fragrance that never goes unnoticed. All you have to do is take a few green lemons, cut them into quarters and then put them in a bowl or any kind of a container. Place these containers around your home. This will refresh and aromatize your entire house.
– There is an old belief which says that lemons attract love. Put a few lemons in a tall glass on a table. When they begin to dry replace them. You can also use this trick to keep problems from your job and improve the work environment.
– Another way to attract prosperity and well-being is by placing rice in a ceramic bowl and place nine lemons on it. Place this bowl on the refrigerator. Rice is another known amulet which attracts abundance.
– Squeeze the juice of 2-3 lemons and pour it in a spray bottle. Spray the juice through the corners of your house. This will drive away the bad energies and negativity that circulate in your house. You can also take one lemon, cut it into four pieces and put it in the center of table sprinkled with a little salt.
Surely not many elements of nature can be so useful in so many ways and provide so many benefits as the lemon.
Article and image source: homeremediesgarden.com