The hot summer days are ahead of us, and who wouldn’t love a slice of cold and juicy watermelon to eat in the heat. This well-known fruit is famous for its high water content, nutrient abundance and hard crust. In addition, watermelons are low-calorie food.
The fact, that not many people are aware of, is that the whole watermelon is edible, the seeds and the crust as well. The seeds of this fruit are a natural remedy for atherosclerosis, hypertension, can help improve the overall cardiovascular health, as well as help in the treatment of many other health conditions and problems. In conclusion, the watermelon is an incredible fruit with many health beneficial properties and it should be part of everyone’s diet.
However, if you bought a watermelon and discovered cracks on the inside of it, you should immediately throw it away! These cracks indicate that the watermelon was grown artificially using chemicals and is not healthy for consumption. Genetically modified foods are carcinogenic and can cause tumors and various neurological disorders.
Here Are Few Advices for Choosing An All-Natural, Sweet and Juicy Watermelon
– Avoid choosing a watermelon that is either too big or too small and buy an average-sized one.
– Make sure the watermelon you pick is round and stout, because they are sweeter.
– Pick a watermelon with strange white spot on the crust. These spots indicate that the fruit is natural and not genetically modified.
– The tail of the watermelon hints its ripeness. Therefore, if the tail is dry, it indicates that the watermelon is ripe and juicy.
– More pollination means sweeter watermelon.
In addition, here is an amazing recipe for using the whole watermelon.
– half a watermelon (medium-sized) with the crust;
– 2 organic limes with skin
– 1 cup fresh mint
– First extract the juice from the mint, then from the limes and the watermelon. Mix all the juices, stir, add some ice and enjoy this refreshing and healthy drink.
Article and image source: unknownremedy.com