The date palm is a very good natural source of fiber, which is essential for the good functioning of the whole digestive system, and especially the intestine. Date palms have a natural, raw sugar, which is perfect alternative for the artificial sugar we usually consume. Date palms are almost fully digestible and they are very tasty. Furthermore, they are perfect for weight loss since they can suppress food cravings.
Taking a closer look at this fruit and the nutrients it has its easy to say that date palms act as multivitamin pills that are all natural and very beneficial for children as well as adults. Date palms can help in the treatment of many conditions and diseases such as anemia, high cholesterol, it helps when treating cancer, etc. Consuming just 3 dates per day can satisfy the daily need of vitamins.
A List of The Many Beneficial Health Properties of Eating Date Plums
-Balance Weight – Date plums are rich in nutrients and because of that, eating this fruit can help provide a feeling of satiety and help the overall weight loss process. Eating only one date plum in the morning on an empty stomach will balance the blood sugar level and balance and control the work of the intestines. Date plums do not contain any cholesterol, however they are very high in sugar which means that overindulgent consumption of this fruit can also lead to weight gain.
- Boost Libido – Place a few date plums in a bowl with natural goat milk and leave them during the night. Add honey and cardamom and consume the mixture in the morning. This mixture can be used by men and women of all ages. This will help you boost the energy levels and libido.
- Energy Booster – As already mentioned above, these fruits contain natural sugars such as glucose, sucrose and fructose. A combination of milk and date plums will help in getting the most from these sugars.
- Protects Against Stroke – Many nutritionists say that the main reason as to why we should eat date plums is due to the fact that this fruit, with the aid of the large amount of potassium it has, can stabilize the nervous system. Various scientific studies have proved that consuming large quantities of potassium can significantly lower the chance of experiencing a stroke (for about 40%).
- Date Plums Aid Delivery – A scientific experiment conducted in the Jordan University for Science and Technology has discovered that consuming date plums one month prior the delivery can help ease the pain during the delivery and reduce the intensity and amount of the bleeding. Women who ate date plums gave birth much easier as compared to those who did not. Moreover, this fruit can help women produce the necessary amount of milk for the baby as well as help them during the postpartum depression period.
- Good For The Brain – Date plums are rich in phosphorus as well. This mineral is very beneficial for the brain, therefore date plums can be extremely helpful for individuals with intellectual jobs.
- Good For The Heart – Individuals with heart problems can eat date plums on a daily basis. Place a few date plums in a glass of water and let it sit during the night. In the morning blend the mixture. You can consume this drink few times a day. Furthermore, consuming three date plums and half a glass of pomegranate juice every day is good for maintaining a healthy heart. It also helps prevent heart attacks.
- Good For Eye Health – Date plums are packed with lutein and zeaxanthin and thus this fruit is known as eye vitamin. Lutein and Zeaxanthin play a crucial role in maintaining the macula health and retina health as well as prevent potential damage of the macula. This segment of the eye is weakened with the aging process. Eat more date plants If you want to significantly improve your vision and keep your eyes healthy.
- Reduce Hypertension – High Blood pressure – Date plums have small quantities of sodium, however they are rich in calcium. Moreover, a standard portion, consisting of 5 – 6 date plums contains 80 mg magnesium. Magnesium is essential for the overall health of the body. This vital mineral helps the proper functioning of blood vessels. A scientific research has discovered that an intake of about 370 mg of magnesium on a daily basis can help stabilize blood pressure.
- Stops Constipation – Date plums supports the digestive processes, makes them a little bit faster and also helps the body get rid of toxins. Simply just take a few date plums before going to bed and leave them in a glass of water to soak during the night. During this period, they will release juices which are known as an effective laxative and thus it will help you achieve the optimal function of the intestines. You can buy date plums in small bottles in the United States where they are used as a medicine. Roughly 100 grams of date plums has with 8.5 grams of fiber.
- Ends Diarrhea – Besides stopping constipation date plums can help end diarrhea. As mentioned above date plums are packed with calcium. This crucial mineral is very efficient when it comes to stopping diarrhea. Moreover, another thing that makes date plums beneficial in such situations is the ability to speed up the regeneration processes of the gut flora. Daily intake of date plums aids the creation of good bacteria in the intestine.
- Great Source Of Iron – Just 100 grams of date plums contain nearly 0.90 grams of iron or 11% of the recommended daily intake. Considering, individuals suffering from anemia should most definitely increase the date plum intake. Iron makes part of the hemoglobin in the red blood cells. Furthermore, it helps balance the oxygen in the blood. Teenagers as well as pregnant women, require large quantities of iron.
Article and image source: healthandlovepage.com