All around us are advices and articles about healthy diets. We constantly try to eat more nutrient-rich foods, so we eat more, but we are still not consuming the most important nutrients our bodies needs.
For that rson, people need to know which foods are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and try to increase their presence in our everyday diets. Furthermore, we must try to help our bodies absorb most of the nutrients from the foods we consume and still manage to limit the amount of calorie intake.
In conclusion, what we need to do is to consume lots of nutrient-high foods and with low calorie count.
Here are some of the most nutritious, low-calorie foods you should eat more:
- with 52 calories per serving of 100 grams, apples are abundant in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and fiber, and thus highly beneficial for our health.
- Oranges have just 47 calories per serving of 100 grams and are rich in vitamin C.
- Watermelons are juicy and delicious and have only 30 calories per serving of 100 grams. Moreover, they are rich in antioxidants, which has numerous benefits and boosts the metabolism.
- The cucumber consists of 95% water, which helps hydrate your organism. They have only 16 calories in a serving of 100 grams, are very delicious and perfect for mixing in salads and eating with other meals.
- You can add zucchini to your pasta sauce or stir-fry, and intake numerous nutrients with just 17 calories in a serving of 100 grams.
- Is a typical low calorie food, that is consisted of 95% water and has only 16 calories in a serving of 100 grams.
- Cabbage helps improve cardiovascular health and helps prevent the development of cancer. It contains only 25 calories in a serving of 100 grams so it is very beneficial in weight loss diets.
- Broccoli is a rich source of plant protein and fiber. It has only 34 calories in a serving of 100 grams and it helps improve digestion.
It has powerful properties of an anti-inflammatory agent, which can help digestion and prevent cardiovascular issues. Add 100-gram in your meal and you will consume only 25 calories more and lots of nutrients.
- This cruciferous vegetable, like the cabbage, the broccoli, and the cauliflower, is very low in calories, only 43 per serving of 100 grams, and what’s more, it has a specific, unique flavor that will spice up your meals.
- Kale is loaded with nutrients, fiber, protein, minerals, vitamins, and phyto-nutrients. Add some in wraps, salads, or maybe try making kale chips. It is perfect because it has only 49 calories per serving.
- Grilled asparagus – it tastes amazing, it satiates you and gives you a feeling of fullness, also it has 20 calories in a serving of 100 grams.
- Carrots act as a natural diuretic, have powerful anti-inflammatory properties, helps regulate blood sugar, and protects your eyesight. The best part – they contain only 41 calories in a serving of 100 grams.
- Onions are usually added to various recipes and meals. They contain only 40 calories in a serving of 100 grams but are loaded with beneficial flavonoids.
- In addition, you should try to consume more grapefruits, lemons, turnips, tomatoes and beets, because these are also rich in nutrients.
Article and image source: www.healthyfoodhouse.com