Eggshells are incredibly rich in calcium but many people are unaware about this. Just one teaspoon of eggshells contains about 900gr of calcium, up to 24mg magnesium, 8mg potassium, 9mg sodium and 8,4 mg phosphorus. All of these nutrients make eggshells an excellent natural remedy for decaying teeth and cavities. Moreover, they have a natural ability to re-mineralize your teeth so if you have a cavity you need filled just boil a few organic eggs, grind their shells and add them to your meals.
What are the benefits of consuming eggshells
- As we already said, eggshells have a similar composition to human teeth and bones so they’re beneficial for stronger teeth and bones. The high amount of calcium they contain benefits the bone marrow’s hematopoietic function. Brushing your teeth with eggshell toothpaste will strengthen your teeth enamel and decrease plaque build up.
- Eggshells are also rich in silicon, potassium, sodium, iron, sulfur, aluminum, magnesium and phosphorus, essential minerals for your overall health.
- Eggshells contain up to 27 elements! The shells also contain protein which is made up from amino acids such as isoleucine, lysine, cysteine and methionine. They’re the best natural source of calcium as long as you prepare them the right way.
- They are especially good for little children because need plenty of calcium during the bone tissue formation process.
- A study conducted in 2003 and published by the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research with J. Rovensky of the National Institute of Rheumatic Diseases as the lead researcher, showed that eggshell powder has the ability to prevent bone density loss, improved mobility, and lower post-menopausal osteoarthritis pain in women.
- The National Institute for Health found that eggshell powder helps you have stronger bones and healthier cells. Moreover, it helps you reduce your cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Important: If you want to use eggshells for their health benefits it’s crucial to use the shells of organic eggs because this way you’ll be sure that the eggs are free of chemicals and antibiotics.
How to prepare eggshells:
First you need to boil the eggs for about 5 minutes, until all the bacteria are eliminated. Peel the shells and cover them with some cheesecloth and place them in the sun to air dry. You can also dry them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 140degrees Fahrenheit. Once they’re dried you can grind them in a coffee grinder and use them as you wish. Store them in an air-tight container and in the fridge.
How to use them:
Consume about half a teaspoon a day. You can add them to a cup of water, a smoothie or oatmeal, whichever way you prefer.
Article and image source: http://besthealthyguide.com/forget-filling-cavities-regrow-teeth/