Sometimes during our lives, we all have different kinds of skin problems; such as clogged pores, blackheads, skin breakouts, moles, skin tags or age spots. All of these problems are caused by a hormonal imbalance or lifestyle changes.
Although, there are all kinds of beauty and skin care products, which can be used to help with these issues and make your skin clear, glowing, and soft, but unfortunately, only some, are effective. Moreover, all these are made of chemicals that can be harmful for your health. A much better choice is using natural products and avoid harmful chemicals. Upon my searching I came across some very easy to make, simple natural remedies that give amazing results. Using these natural masks will help you improve the appearance of your skin and help you get rid of all skin problems.
Natural remedy recipes for healthy, smooth and clear skin:
Clearing Out Clogged Pores
- Buildup of oil in the skin causes clogged pores, which in turn causes skin breakouts and acne making the skin uneven and bumpy. Although, it is not a very serious skin condition, it destroys the smooth appearance of the skin and needs to be treated. If clogged pores are not cleaned in time, they become infected and create acne.
- Sugar Scrub – Exfoliating is a great way to unclog the pores and restore the smooth feeling and healthy shine of your skin. Mix little bit of sugar and lemon and make a paste. Apply on an area with clogged pores and rub it with a washcloth made out of organic cotton. Make sure you use circular movements. After scrubbing, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Steaming – Steaming is without a doubt the best and most effective method to unclog pores. Start by washing your face, then, position your face over a pot with boiled water. In order to be exposed to as much steam as possible cover your head with a towel. Stay this way for about 10 to 15 minutes. After you are done with this step, just wash your face a few times using warm water. Finally, put some vinegar on cotton and rub gently in order to clean up any extra debris.
- Dark spots, which are also known as age spots are discolored areas of the skin on the hands, forearms and on the face. Although the reason as to why they appear is still not clear, many specialists believe that they form as a result of an aging liver or sun exposure. Here are some of the best homemade natural remedies for removing dark spots:
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is an effective remedy for removing dark spots, and it also revitalizes your skin. Put fresh Aloe Vera leaf on the dark spot and leave it to act for about 30 minutes. You can also use the inner gel of the Aloe Vera plant. The Aloe Vera can be grown as a house plant and is very beneficial for the overall beauty health.
- Lemon – Lemons are excellent for removing dark spots, because it acts as a natural skin bleacher. All you have to do is to dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and then rub it over the dark spots. Do this twice a day.
- Onion – Onions are also remarkable plant that can provide amazing results in this case. All you have to do is simply blend the onion or just extract the juice and apply it on the dark spots. Leave it to act for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Do this n a daily basis until the dark spots disappear.
- Horseradish – Horseradish is also very effective for removing dark spots. Make a mix with this plant and vinegar apply the combo on the dark spot. Do this on a daily basis. In time, the dark spots will disappear.
- Vitamin C Serums – Handcrafted, chemical-free, organic Vitamin C serum has many beneficial properties for the and can eliminate dark spots quickly. In addition, the serum will repair the damaged skin.
- Moles, or as some call them, beauty marks are very common in both children and adults, and can appear at any time in our lives. They are actually concentration of skin pigmentation cells which are medically called melanocytes. Moles can appear due to sun exposure or also genetics. Some people, like Marilyn Monroe, use them as their very own trademarks while others want to remove them.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV is very effective in removing moles. All you have to do is soak a cotton ball in ACV, apply it directly on the mole, cover the area with a or medical tape or a gauze and let it act for about eight hours. In time, the mole will blacken and diminish.
- Garlic extract or crushed garlic is very effective when eliminating moles. Make sure to protect the skin around the mole before applying. You can use products such as petroleum jelly or masking tape. After that, apply the pressed garlic or garlic extract directly to the mole, and cover the whole area with gauze. Leave it like this for about four hours. Do this every day until the mole disappears.
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil – The mixture of baking soda and castor oil can be used for the same cause. Mix the ingredients until you get a gummy paste, and then just apply the paste directly on the mole. After that, cover the area with gauze and leave it like this overnight. In the morning, remove the gauze and rinse the area with lukewarm water. Do this every night.
- Skin tags are extra growths, which stick out from the surface of the skin and usually appear because of skin against skin rubbing. Mostly they appear around the underarms, upper chest, neck and eyelids. Typically they are eliminated by freezing, tying off or cutting off. But natural remedies also give amazing results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Just soak a cotton ball in ACV and squeeze it to remove the excess amounts. Apply it directly on the skin tag and leave it to act for as long as you can. In few days, the skin tag should darken and diminish by itself.
- Tea Tree Oil – Use water to moisten a cotton ball and then add a little bit of tea tree oil on it (a few drops is enough). Apply the cotton ball directly on the extra growth and cover the area with gauze. Although this method is a bit slow (You must do this 2 to 3 times a day for a whole month), it is the safest approach for skin tags in sensitive areas such as the ones near the eyes.
- Castor Oil and Baking Soda – This combo is very effective in eliminating skin tags. Start by mixing the ingredients until you get a paste and then apply it directly on the skin tag. Cover the area with a gauze. Do this two to three times a day. Note that the paste can only be refrigerated for about 48 hours max, then you will have to make a new one.
- Warts appear because of HPV or the human papilloma virus. They manifest as small bumps on the skin or in the mucous membranes. Usually, warts are treated by freezing or with salicylic acid, and some even try methods like wrapping them in duct tape. In any case, you should try some of the following methods:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apart from eliminating moles, ACV is also very helpful when removing warts. Just soak a cotton ball in ACV, apply it directly over the wart, cover the area with gauze and leave it to act for 24 hours or just overnight. Then, replace the cotton ball and gauze with a new, clean ones. The wart will eventually shrivel up and disappear.
- Bananas – This is probably the easiest way to get rid of warts. All you have to do is rub the wart with a banana peel. Do this every night for two weeks and the wart will vanish.
- Garlic – Garlic extract or just plain crushed garlic can remove a wart in less than two weeks. Just rub crushed garlic on the wart and put a gauze over it. Do this every night and also make sure to apply garlic juice on the wart twice a day
- Pure Raw Honey – You can also use honey to successfully eliminate warts. This procedure is also very easy and simple. Just rub some honey over the wart every night before sleeping and wrap the area with gauze. In time, the wart will disappear and also in some cases warts removed using this method never appear again.
Article and image source: superhealthyteam.com