Avocados are one of the healthies fruits in the world, native to Mexico and dating back to 10 000 BC, which makes them one of the oldest fruits as well. They belong to the same family as camphor and cinnamon and grow on trees which can get 6 feet high. Similar to bananas, avocados ripen about 1-2 weeks after being picked.
Avocados are nutritionally rich, loaded with a number of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, C, K and E, iron, potassium, calcium, sodium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. One medium sized avocado contains much more potassium than one medium sized banana and 23% of the RDA for folate. This is super beneficial for your cardiovascular system and regular consumption of avocados lowers the stroke risk significantly.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of avocados:
- Regular consumption of this tropical fruit provides your body with the necessary amount of lycopene and beta-carotene.
- They abound in lutein, a powerful antioxidant that prevents eye problems and lowers your risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- They contain high amount of beta-sitosterol, which can prevent arterial plaque accumulation and help you lower your triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Studies show that the high amount of oleic acid in avocados lowers the risk of prostate and oral cancer.
- Avocados are rich in fiber which can improve your digestion and stimulate weight loss. They also regulate the sugar levels in your blood.
- If you mix avocado extract with a carrier oil you can apply it topically to relieve arthritic symptoms.
- Avocados are rich in polyphenols and flavonoids which are potent anti-inflammatory agents.
- You can apply avocado oil on the skin to nourish it and treat various skin conditions like psoriasis.
- If you eat avocados on a daily basis you’ll eliminate bad breath and cleanse your digestive system.
- Avocados are abundant in glutathione which has cardio-protective and anti-aging properties. Moreover, it fights free radicals and prevents DNA damage, thus lowering your risk of all kinds of chronic conditions and diseases, including cancer.
Avocados are extremely health beneficial so we recommend that you include them in your everyday diet and exploit their benefits. They’re easy to combine in almost every meal, add them to your morning smoothie or afternoon salad and enjoy their delicious, rich taste.
Article and image source : http://www.organichealthcorner.com/happens-body-eat-avocado-every-day/