We all want to look younger, it’s no secret but is it really possible? Can we rejuvenate our skin and give it a younger and healthier glow? There are no miracles that will make you look younger with the push of a button, but there are some things you can do to refresh your skin and shave a few years off your face. How, you wonder? Well we’ll share with you the Japanese secret for healthy, young skin and you can thank us after you’ve tried it out.
We’re not talking about some expensive cream, mask or treatment that will cost you a fortune, the secret we’ll share is completely natural and cheap but much more effective than any other commercially-available product. We all know that there are natural products with immense skin benefits and why don’t we use these to promote our skin and rejuvenate it?
We’ve already written about avocados, aloe vera, grapes and many other gifts of nature that can be used as a facial treatment but in this article we’ll be focused on one ingredient highly used in the Japanese culture – rice! Yes, rice is incredibly healthy for your skin and is commonly used in the Eastern world.
How does rice rejuvenate our skin?
- Rice tones our skin thanks to the inositol it contains – an ingredient that promotes good circulation and slows down the aging process.
- Rice abounds in vitamin B, an essential vitamin for good skin quality. It also promotes nail and hair growth, stimulate skin regeneration, gives you a softer skin and makes it more resistant to the outside factors.
- Rice has a regenerative, hydrating and firming effect on the skin. This is especially true for rice water, an ingredient that Japanese women traditionally use for beauty.
- Rice will iron out all those fine lines and wrinkles and give you a younger appearance.
- It has exfoliating properties, thanks to the phytic acid which removes dead skin cells and makes your skin glow
- Rice eliminates acne and other skin imperfections. You can use rice water to clean your face and tone it
Rejuvenating “Japanese” Face Mask
We’ve already hinted that rice is the main ingredient in this face mask and it’s no wonder if we take into account all the skin benefits we mentioned earlier. Prepare the following remedy and use it at least two times a week for best results. You can use this mask in combination with the creams and lotions you already use.
Hree’s what you’ll need to prepare this mask:
– 3tbsp. brown rice (make sure it’s organic, you can buy organic brown rice in almost every healthy food store)
– 2tbsp. avocado
– 1 ½ tbsp. distilled water
– ½ tbsp. honey
The preparation is very simple. Cook the rice until it softens and strain it. Save both the water and the rice. Add the honey and the avocado to the cooked rice and stir until everything is evenly combined. Now you can apply the mask evenly on your face and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes. Afterwards remove it with some cotton pads and rinse your face with the rice water from earlier. There you go, a full skin treatment, from exfoliation to toning, completely natural and organic, without any added chemicals. More importantly, this mask is much more efficient than any commercially available mask you can find in the cosmetic stores. Repeat this process twice a week and make sure that the mask is freshly prepare each time. Don’t prepare a bigger amount so that you can use it later again. It’s of utmost importance that the ingredients are organic and the mask is freshly made.
Try it out for yourself and see the amazing results. You’ll be surprised how fresh and rejuvenated your face will be after just one use.
Article and image source: naturalcarebox.com