Lemons are used for many things. To give flavor to salads, to marinate meat, to give a fresh touch to a cakes, to quench our thirst in the summer or even to remove stains. However, by peeling the lemon we may be wasting the best parts.
The Lemons crust contains a wide range of nutrients such as minerals, vitamins and fibers. They are very beneficial for the body, and almost half of them are concentrated in the crust.
- Is an effective natural remedy for soothing joint swellings and pains.
- In 100gr lemon crust there is 129mg of vitamin C. This vitamin boosts the immune system, is an antioxidant and helps synthesize collagen.
- In 100gr of lemon crust there is 134mg of calcium. Calcium contributes a lot for the body. It assists in the transmission of nerve impulses, in the processes of hormonal secretion, it helps in the contraction of muscles when performing difficult tasks.
- In 100gr of lemon crust there is 160mg of potassium. This mineral prevents heart diseases, helps the heart to function properly and reduces blood pressure. Moreover, together with calcium, chloride and sodium it is in charge of the processes for conducting electricity in the body. Improves digestion and intervenes in the contraction of muscles.
- In 100gr of lemon crust there is 10.6 of fiber. Fiber helps regulate blood sugar, lowers the levels of cholesterol, helps normalize intestinal processes and provides satiety (helps with weight loss).
In the crust, the lemons essential oils are concentrated as well as the felandren, the citric acid, the formic acid, the malic acid, the hesperidin, the citronella and many others, which have anti fungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
All these nutriments combined help the relaxation of blood vessels, contribute to the wellbeing of the joints, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
After we’ve learned all of the lemons properties and its benefits for the joints and the body as a whole, let us learn the best way to prepare this wonderful natural remedy and utilize all of its uses.
A Homemade Natural Remedy Using Lemon Peels to Treat Joint Ailments
- An airtight container with a lid
- 2 Large organic lemons (Note that it says organic. This is to ensure that the husk is not polished with any product and does not contain chemicals)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (unrefined)
- 10 eucalyptus leaves.
- Wash the lemons very well and then peel the crust from the white skin beneath the husk. You do not need the white part.
- Place the crust in a bowl and pour olive oil until they are completely covered.
- Add in the eucalyptus leaves. Make sure that the leaves are also covered by the oil/
- Put the bowl in a cool, dry place and leave it there for two weeks.
- Once the two weeks are over, the remedy can be used directly on the affected areas.
- Take a clean gauze and moisten it with a small amount of this mixture and place it directly on sore areas. Cover the gauze with a plastic bag and a scarf or something similar. The lemon peel oil needs to act directly on the affected area and that the joint is in long-lasting heat. It is necessary that this heat is contained.
- Do this before going to sleep, this way the ointment can act all night while you sleep.
A Mixture of lemon peels
We suggest you also try this mixture and get much better results.
Here are some benefits you will enjoy by consuming it:
- It strengthens your immune system
- It regulates your blood pressure
- It helps in the digestive process: it deflates the intestines and produces less gas
- It relieves muscle tension
- It soothes joint pain in arms and legs
- It is a potent anti-inflammatory
- It fights bad breath.
It is very simple and easy to prepare:
- An Endulzante choice
- 2 lemons
- 1l of water
- Start by peeling the lemons, make sure to leave the white skin attached to the fruit.
- Remove the seeds and squeeze the lemons.
- Pour the water and husks in a container. Put it on heat.
- Once it starts boiling, leave it on for about 15 minutes and then take it away from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice. Add some sugar or honey and sweeten it to taste.
- Drink this mixture twice a day.
- In addition to the treatment with the ointment for easing the pain, you will also notice that your joints begin to strengthen.
Article and image source: www.explorehealthyfood.com